[linux-dvb] cutting problems with VDR 0.80

Hello list,

Henning Holtschneider <hh@holtschneider.com> wrote:

> Hi, I just tried to remove the commercials from an X-Files episode I recorded
> two weeks ago with a preX version of VDR. The cutting process seems to run
> fine, but the result only shows half of what I have cut before (the net
> length of the episode should be around 45 minutes but the resulting file
> is only about 24 minutes long). I examined the marks.vdr file and all
> cutting marks are there. I then tried to cut a recording I made with the
> current 0.80 release and it ends prematurely, too. The result can be
> reproduced if I remove the cut files and start the cutting process again.
> How can I determine what's going wrong? Regards, hh

I justed wanted to confirm this behaviour of vdr-0.80 (I didn't test
preX). The resulting cut-file always seems to be only half the length it
should be. The graphical representation of the cut marks is looking
OK, jumping to marks is working properly, only the cutting itself
doesn't work as expected without an error message in the logfile.

Maybe I should enable some debugging...

Henning, did you get some response or are we the only ones with the
problem or is nobody cutting records ?

Best regards,
 Juergen
 mailto:juergen.scherer@gmx.de