[linux-dvb] Re: New version of vdr & driver

Ulrich Gierschner wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Am Freitag, 15. Juni 2001 12:36 schrieben Sie:
>
> > > I ask because installing a new kernel and installing new driver/vdr takes
> > > quite a long time :-) and the Never Change A Running System fact  is
> > > against it :-)
> > >
> > From what I can say so far, the latest CVS driver version together with
> >
> > VDR 0.81 (which is VDR 0.80 plus a small patch from
> > ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.81.diff.gz) records
> > and replays great.
>
> No glitches anymore ? What about the "mux-quality" of the streams ? Are they
> usable to work with other programs (e.g. FlaskMPEG ?)

Don't know about other programs, but as far as I can say VDR can replay
its own recordings flawlessly now.

> What about Mpeg1 playback ? I just linked a lot of Simpson/Futurama Files in
> Mpeg 1 to the /video directory so I could start them directly within vdr. The
> Problem was, that the MPeg2 Sync after finishing the mpeg1 playback was
> really poor.

So what you're saying is that replaying the MPEG1 files worked ok, but after
that the a/v sync was broken? Well, sounds to me more like a driver problem
than something VDR could fix.

> > I'm currently working on a few small issues and will release VDR 0.82
> > shortly.
>
> then I will wait until that has happened :-) This weekend the weather is too
> good to spend tha half day in updating my vdr-box :-)

Well, the waiting is over :-) I just uploaded VDR 0.82.

Klaus