[linux-dvb] Re: New version of vdr & driver

Hi !

Am Freitag, 15. Juni 2001 12:36 schrieben Sie:

> > I ask because installing a new kernel and installing new driver/vdr takes
> > quite a long time :-) and the Never Change A Running System fact  is
> > against it :-)
> >
> From what I can say so far, the latest CVS driver version together with
>
> VDR 0.81 (which is VDR 0.80 plus a small patch from
> ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.81.diff.gz) records
> and replays great.

No glitches anymore ? What about the "mux-quality" of the streams ? Are they
usable to work with other programs (e.g. FlaskMPEG ?)

What about Mpeg1 playback ? I just linked a lot of Simpson/Futurama Files in
Mpeg 1 to the /video directory so I could start them directly within vdr. The
Problem was, that the MPeg2 Sync after finishing the mpeg1 playback was
really poor.

> I'm currently working on a few small issues and will release VDR 0.82
> shortly.

then I will wait until that has happened :-) This weekend the weather is too
good to spend tha half day in updating my vdr-box :-)

--
cu,

Ulrich

*** NCARS ***