[linux-dvb] VDR: first step towards AC3 sound

I have uploaded a patch to

  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.83pre1.diff.gz

that (amoung other things) adds support for recording and replaying
AC3 sound to VDR version 0.82.

To replay the AC3 sound you need to give VDR the new option '-a'
which defines the command to use to replay the AC3 sound,
for example

  vdr -a "ac3play ..."

where "..." can be additional options for the 'ac3play' command.
Since I don't have any AC3 equipment I wasn't able to test this at all.
The only thing I was able to do was

  vdr -a "cat > ac3.data"

which writes the AC3 data into the given file. Apparently that
works fine.

I would appreciate any comments from people who have AC3 equipment.
Does this work at all?
What about a/v sync?

Please note that currently this only works with new recordings made
with this version, and the actual AC3 output is only given when
replaying such a recording. It does not yet work when viewing the
"live" signal.

The modifications I have made here apparently also make encrypted channels
work again with the latest CVS driver. The only thing that is not
yet working in that area is VDR's "Transfer Mode". It looks as if
the audio gets transferred, but the video doesn't...

Klaus