[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with dtv_scan / Tuning problems

Ralph Metzler schrieb:

> There are absolutely no tuning problems with ntuxzap on 3 different
> PCs and 5 different cards (including a revision 2.1 card) here.
> CI also works for me.
> I'll check after the weekend if there is something which might break
> tuning with other programs.
>
> Ralph

Hi Ralph,

sorry for my misguided interpretation of some errors I got from dtv_scan. In the
meantime I found the reason for the problem mentioned by Jean-Claude REPETTO,
which will lead to a patch release of DTV today. There was a broadcasting change
on some of the transponders on ASTRA, what caused dtv_scan to look for channels
on PIDs where none could be found. Additionally I took a closer look at the code
that translates the received QPSK_EVENT frequency to  the 'normal' frequency
range and found a bug there as well. But despite fixing that problem (in my
opinion), I nevertheless receive very strange values from the frequency field of
the event. Could you please comment on that ? Are the values correct or how
should I translate the responses in the right way ??? I interpret the received
frequency value as the qpsk.iFrequency/1000...

BTW: I do not have any new problems with tuning of encrypted channels here, but
I notice some more problems with channels, that already had a few problems some
times before. For my site these are SAT.1, Kabel 1, Pro 7 etc. Possibly a
cabling problem, or a misalignment of my dish...

Best regards,

Rolf