[linux-dvb] Re: Antwort: Re: VDR: first step towards AC3 sound

On Sunday, 24. June 2001 21:11, Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:
> Hi Guido,
>
> try ac3dec from the ALSA-TOOLS cvs ... (under ALSA) ...

Thanks for the tip!

My experiences:
Yes, that ac3dec works for me but only with the "default" pcm-config, not
with the -4 or -6 switch (which seems to be useful for my speaker setup).

Fine is that it has error detection for ac3 frames (skippes them).
But i get front/rear totally mixed up (tested using ac3test.vob), appearantly
it has something to do with
/usr/share/alsa/cards/EMU10K1.conf
which is reported to be "old or corrupted" (but's the one from the snapshot).

Someone with more luck? Can you tell me which version you use Stefan?

BTW: what a horror of installation, although the 0.5.xx releases where so
easy to install, had to hack configure, sources, file-permissions and at the
end alsaconf did'nt find a single card but (using the old modules.conf) it
worked a bit. Some old alsa-apps has to be recompiled (if compatible)