[linux-dvb] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: VDR: first step towards AC3 sound

Hi Guido,

Well today I've tried to recompile the actual cvs (I saw changes in ac3dec
and hoped that this could be the "pipe problem"), but alsa-lib doesn't
compile anymore ... it looks like the API is constantly moving atm. I've
got a problem with the *.conf file too .. last time .. I'm not sure what
the alsa developer are doing atm. To do a good test use the dvdplayer from
Matjaz. A file named ac3test.vob did I tried too but without success afaik.

Greetings
Stefan

                    Guido Fiala
                    <gfiala@s.netic.de        An:     linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
                    >                         Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:             Thema:  [linux-dvb] Re: Antwort: Re: VDR: first step towards AC3 sound
                    linux-dvb-bounce@l
                    inuxtv.org

                    25.06.2001 21:02

On Sunday, 24. June 2001 21:11, Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:
> Hi Guido,
>
> try ac3dec from the ALSA-TOOLS cvs ... (under ALSA) ...

Thanks for the tip!

My experiences:
Yes, that ac3dec works for me but only with the "default" pcm-config, not
with the -4 or -6 switch (which seems to be useful for my speaker setup).

Fine is that it has error detection for ac3 frames (skippes them).
But i get front/rear totally mixed up (tested using ac3test.vob),
appearantly
it has something to do with
/usr/share/alsa/cards/EMU10K1.conf
which is reported to be "old or corrupted" (but's the one from the
snapshot).

Someone with more luck? Can you tell me which version you use Stefan?

BTW: what a horror of installation, although the 0.5.xx releases where so
easy to install, had to hack configure, sources, file-permissions and at
the
end alsaconf did'nt find a single card but (using the old modules.conf) it
worked a bit. Some old alsa-apps has to be recompiled (if compatible)

linux-dvb" as subject.