[linux-dvb] dvdplayer with region 1 dvd, success with new kernel

hi all.

question/problem:
dvdplayer 0.5 works fine, but a region 1 dvd (red mars) outputs with
imho false refresh rate (picture runs verticaly).
any known reason for this ? will an us-dvd played with 60 hz ?

report:
after my recent troubles with suse 7.2 i now have a running system
with a 2.4.5 kernel and dvb cvs-20010626 (only alphacrypt made the
known problems - with ntuxzap too btw - i will swap for an expensive
irdeto all-cam today).
- vdr 0.83 runs fine till now; sound and picture loss have gone away,
especially for my eurosport-motorcycle recordings *g*.
- i tried dtv 1.1.1 and will play with that in the future. looks
nice, especially the teletext feature.
- dvdplayer 0.5 runs, but sometimes the picture freezes and could be
killed or aborted via ctrl-c only. also fastforward didnt seem to
work ?!?

question:
is there an easy way to integrate vdr, dtv and dvdplayer ?

i now try to implement a script which switches between this apps.
i thought about starting scripts via commands.conf which will write
semaphores and then kill vdr. the main script will then use the
semaphores to tell which app should be started after vdr and restart
vdr after that.
will vdr be disturbed when it will be killed by a commands.conf
script ?
could this work ?

at last i would like to thanks again all these fine people which made
this reality.

wbr.tja...

thomas jagoditsch
email:tja@tja.org