[linux-dvb] Re: strange drop outs ?

> 1.) Have you checked your dish ??
Looks quite stable :-)
I don't know how good the alignment is - i'll check the signal strength
these days with sbd...

> 2.) whats about temperature in your vdr-box??
Unfortunatly I have a quite old mobo, so it has no temp sensor :-(
But the DVB card gets quite warm - although i have normal coolers running
(no special ones being silent or something)

But if its the temp which causes the problem, why is it suddenly gone
without cooling down the card ?

Question: Is the whole card reset wheen shuttingdown linux and rebooting the
machine - i mean without powerdown ? Or would a crashed firmware still be
crashed ? May this be the cause ?
Strangely it appeared to be more often since i switched to the 2.4.4 kernel
and the new api

Martin.