[linux-dvb] SV: Re: DTV 1.1.2 possible bugs ? (revised)

> > 2. VTX
> > ------
> > Giving the event "b" should switch you to the VTX state showing
> a Teletext
> > window. When it works this is a really nice feature!
> > For some channels the "b" just triggers an OSD saying "VTX receiption
> > started" and then noting more. Trying again gives the same result.
> >
> In technical terms that means, the DVB-SI data marks a PID as VTX
> PID (this is
> the criterion to start the VTX at all), but there is no data
> arriving there (at
> the demux-device, within a certain time). As this is only true for 'some'
> channels, please mail me the channel names, where the behaviour
> can be seen.
> Maybe there is a problem DTV has with handling these special channels.

I live in Denmark and are receiving the channels from Canal Digital at the
Thor/Intelsat sattelites at 1/0.8 degree west. They are all encrypted
(conax) if that makes any difference.
The channels where VTX is not working are :

   {{DR1} {Telenor} TV 6 11553 H 26000 601 512 640 512 dan auto CA }
   {{DR2} {Telenor} TV 6 11553 H 26000 602 513 641 513 dan auto CA }

I have tried to replace the auto word with the actual VTX PID but it didn't
make any difference.
I know these channels has VTX since it works in the Technotrend windows
software.

> > Future wishes
> > -------------
> > selection of a single audio channel (left or right) if it is
> possible. Some
> > channels, especially EuroSport are sending different language
> commentaries
> > in the left and right audio channel.
> >
> What exactly do you mean with 'selection' ? At the moment the
> left and right
> audio channel are connected flawlessly with the output jack at
> the DVB-card.
> Therefore you should always have the possibility to select left
> or right audio
> at your whatever kind of Television/Monitor displaying that data (if it is
> stereo). Additionally I did not notice any channel that sends different
> languages in that way, but I will have a special look at
> EuroSport later this
> day. I know that they do this with analog broadcastings, but with
> DVB this would
> be definitely against the standard, which would be (nicely said)
> no good idea.

The left and right audio channel is delivered correct at the output jack as
you describe. My setup might be a little different from others since I don't
have a TV. I use xawtv for video to either a TFT monitor or a CRT projector.
The audio goes directly to a Denon AVR-3300 Surround Receiver which doesn't
offer you the possiblity to choose to listen to only 1 channel audio (left
or right).
I know it sounds crazy to send out different languages in each channel since
multiple audio PID's are available but this way they get all 4 nordic
languages covered with 2 audio PID's. Again, I receive Eurosport from 1
degree west.
So what I mean by selection is a possiblity to choose to send either the
left or right audio channel to both channels on the output jack and thereby
get a mono signal.

Since I now have used DTV some more I have another few future wishes :)

- vdr type recording. I saw in the README that this was on the todo and I'm
really looking forward to this one since this would allow me use only 1 app.

- Possibility to view full EPG of the next program playing, like it is done
in the Current EPG state. There could be a button to press to get the EPG
for the next program, and maybe a scroll function if the whole text can't be
displayed in 1 OSD window.

- I'm also looking forward to get a full description of the user menu system
since this should allow me to build a frontend for a mp3 player, which I
currently use as a music jukebox, and show info and menus via the OSD.

Regards,

Henrik Rasmussen