[linux-dvb] Re: dtv teletext, UI

Thomas Jagoditsch schrieb:

> hi rolf.

Hi,

> my questions about dtv:
>
> teletext:
> is there a possibility to use another font for teletext, if possible
> somthing straigth without serifes ? the current font is hard to read
> since the osd shrinked.

It would be possible, of course, but unfortunately the font is specified by the
Teletext standard and contains many special characters used for graphics etc.
Since now I haven't known about a font that would be better than the one I use.
This is because the REAL problem is the resolution of the OSD, which is
restricted to 440x376 (that means a character has 11x15 pixels, which is not
much on TV screens) with the current OSD memory limit of the driver. There was a
discussion to enlarge this memory a few weeks before, but as OSD is not used at
convergence at all, it seems to be no interest in supporting this for the DVB
driver. The only thing I can do (as long as you won't find a better VTX font) is
to implement some anti-aliasing on the Teletext pages (or generate MPEG pages
for VTX, which is on my wishlist right now, but I didn't find a suitable
solution to implement that yet).

> channel preview (menu):
> could you reverse the channels list ?
> most remotes got "+" above "-" and its hard to get used to pressing
> the "upper" button to get "down", especially when switching between
> vdr and dtv...

No problem at all, I will put an option to switch channel order on my TODO list
for the next version.

Regards,

Rolf