[linux-dvb] Re: CAM problems after replay

I add a mail to linuxdvb from 15.03.2001 (to remember Klaus)

>Am 28.07.01 15:30:30, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>:
>>Peter Seyringer wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have a problem with my irdeto modul. After starting vdr my cam works correct. I can switch between all channels. After i have played a recorded film i can only watch the last coded channel. If i
>switch to an other coded channel, it doesn't work. Not coded channel works well.
>>
>>I just tried to reproduce this with the current CVS driver version,
>>but it always worked fine. I know I have seen this behaviour before,
>>but maybe the new firmware that came out yesterday fixed this.
>
>I can reproduce this feature every time I want since DVB 082 and VDR 072 and I use the patched DVB driver from cadsoft.de and VDR 084 with ---ONE---- DVB-s.
>If you use more than ONE of them it will be works ;-) but there are someone like Klaus who uses 3 Cards and can't reproduce it
>
>by Michael

add:

Am 15.03.01 19:16:59, schrieb Axel Gruber <axelgruber2@gmx.de>:
>> .) rebooting with CAMs inserted doesn.t work most of the
>>     time. the picture stays black, and the "convergence"
>>     message reappears serveral times. after pulling
>>     the CAMs and reloading the DVB everything works
>>     fine again. the best workaround is to pull the CAMs,
>>     reboot, after n-tv appears wait some seconds, then
>>     to insert both CAMs at the same time.
I have the same Problem. On my System this happens if you'r on a CAM-channel AND record or play, but the one you'r looking for  works fine, but no
other channel from the CAM
>Do you have more than 1 DVB Card in your system ?
no
>I you have more then one - connect the CAM-Reader to the other CARD. I have noticed that only if you connect the Cam to the card  with the highest
ID (i have 3 Cardīs) the Driver initialise it correct !
in the channels.conf is a Field vor the DVB-Card with the CAM - there you can find a 3 in the Files from Klaus
>If i connect it to one of the other cardīs i have  exactly the same problems like you !
By Michael