[linux-dvb] DVB stream to DivX HOWTO

 Does anyone know how to transcode a DVB MPEG2 stream received from
satellite into a DivX movie ? Using both linux and windows tools.

 Here's the setup :

 Linux k-2.2.19, dvb-0.8.2. No vdr available. mpegtools tried so far,
without success.
 This computer is a slow machine with not too much ram.

 I have at my disposal up to 3 much more powerfull computers in a local
network, but they ran windows. I can save DVB streams to any of them,
and apply conversions on-the-fly with mpegtools. I have done this
succesfully.
 Then, I would need to know what Windows software that can
handle/edit/recompress a mpeg2 video input file can cope with the format
I receive from satellite.
 I can split a recording and the process segments in parallel on 3
computers, but I lack the tools.

 So far I could only read the MPEG2 files saved from dvb stream and
translated with ts2ps with FLASK MPEG. While it can partially play the
file (no audio), recompressing it in DivX (or any format for that
matter) will result in a crash, or infinitely growing avi file, or an
avi with only one frame of video (first frame) and broken audio.

 While FLASK works well with .VOB clips I got from the net and a few I
extracted from DVD's, I think the format coming from the sat stream,
translated by ts2ps is not entirely compatible with a DVD like MPEG2
program stream. Maybe.

 If anyone can help, please...

--
ing. Andrei Boros