[linux-dvb] Re: Call for help on CI problems

> 1. Write a new firmware for the DVB card.

Is it sure that the bug is in the Firmware ?
Is it just a bug or is there a whole part of the implementation missing ?

> There are currently at least three firmware
> versions available (Technotrend, Convergence, WinDVBLive), so it
> can't be an
> impossible task.

Is there no way to get the source of one of the firmwares, do you really
have to start from nothing ?
Perhaps one could ask the Programer of WinDVBLive if he is willing to
cooperate...

(Bye the way, isn it possibly to use on of the (binary) other firmwares ? I
think everyone who bought a card should have received the original
Technotrend firmware, which should be working.)

> I'm no programmer, so I cannot fix the problem myself. But there are
> probably people out there who have the necessary knowledge and
> would like to
> help.

I am quite good in C, but my assembler nowlede is, well , "basic"