[linux-dvb] Re: [vdr] Re: Re: Bad news (summary)

Marcus Metzler wrote:

> We are just taking the rest of this years vacation days. We still had

Happy holidays :*)

> motivation. So, CA support will still take some time. I doubt it will
> be GPL, though.

Can you describe what this ("will not be GPL") means? Do I have to be a STB
manufacturer and the CA support will be in the software you build for me? If
not, will there be some kind of binary-only driver available to the public?
As a user, I don't really care if I get the source code - after all, it's
only important that the driver makes my hardware work.

However, I can imagine that you might want to exclude some features from the
current Linux DVB driver because you want all of us to buy
Convergence-powered STBs. If this is case, just let me know and I will stop
asking every once in a while on this list ;-)))

hh