[linux-dvb] Re: LinuxDVB/VDR newsserver?

Hi,

Quoting Thomas Keil (tk@commedia-group.com):

> > I have asked our administration about the possibiliy to set up a news server
> > at linuxtv.org. I will be back with some information as soon as I get an
> > answer :-).

> Do you think it is a good idea to set up a dedicated news server?

Why not? As soon as such a server is announced on the related web pages it
should be okay. I like the idea of e-mail based mailing lists and a
newsserver with an adjustment of the posts. This should complay with
everyones desire :-).

> People just browsing public servers wouldn't find these groups then...

The information about DVB with Linux is distributed anyway. There are some
good starting points with links. Mentioning some lists or news servers
at those starting points should do the trick.

> Have a look at this:
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/

> We can apparantly easily set up one or several groups withing the
> normal, public newsnet-hierarchy...

> Comments?

Public newsnet = spam, public newsnet =  posting etiquette, public newsnet =
lower quality of posts.

Just my 2 (euro ;-)) cents.

Bye... Szymon.
--
Szymon Polom, Project Manager Middleware       GPG Key-ID: E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de