[linux-dvb] Re: original firmware vs. CIM modules

> I think I've seen the same problem myself: sometimes the screen goes
> blank  when switched to recording mode. But I couldn't reproduce it
> yesterday:  I'll keep on trying.

Are we talking about the same thing? I don't get a picture in live viewing
mode ... and I haven't tried to record an encrypted channel with your
driver yet. I've tried to tune to an encrypted channel multiple times
without success. Could someone perhaps send me some syslog output of what I
should see when tuning an encrypted channel with John's driver and VDR?
Right now, this is all I get:

Feb  3 20:59:57 vdr vdr[628]: switching to channel 41
Feb  3 20:59:57 vdr kernel: ca_open

> WinDVBLive2000 uses the Technotrend firmware and Multidec8 uses the
> Convergence firmware (I wonder whether this is legal ?) so my aim would

Doesn't WinDVBLive use its own firmware? At least the installation
instructions tell one to remove the original Technotrend driver first.

BTW, does anyone know what firmware version is used by Multidec 8?
Multidec's response with my AlphaCrypt CIM plugged in is as slow as VDR was
with older versions of the Convergence firmware under Linux ...

> be  for my patch to support the same CAMs that WinDVBLive2000 supports.

That would be great!

hh