[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Sat

Peter Hettkamp writes:
 > I was wondering if there is still somebody out there interested in a driver
 > for above mentioned card?
 > Fact is, I have put some software together which allows me to write a
 > PES stream from this card to disk, or view it e.g. with mplayer. I would
 > like to create a real driver offering the Linux DVB API as far as the
 > hardware allows it, but I fear I will need some help here as I am not an
 > experienced driver hacker (yet).
 > If this is a concern: I used only publicly available documentation to
 > create my current software. Although Conexant does not carry the chip
 > data sheets on their own home page, they can be found in the internet.

Where did you find them? I found datasheets for the 24108/24110 but
not for the HM1811/1211.

 > The Pinnacle box states that the card uses chips named HM1811, HM1211
 > and CN878. On my card, at least, the tuner chip is labelled 24108. The
 > label on the demodulator cannot be read because a cooler is glued on.
 >
 > So, is anybody interested in having a driver, or in helping me creating one,
 > or in having me help to create one?

Sure, we can just put it into its own directory in the new DVB
driver framework (DVB NEWSTRUCT branch), e.g. DVB/driver/pctv (or
conexant, hm1xxx, whatever ?).
AFAIK the Pinnacle PCTV should deliver the complete TS?
All you have to do then to support the complete API including filters and
networking is to register with the other dvb modules (dvbdev,
dvb_demux) and feed the TS to them like the Nova card part of the
Siemens driver does.
The frontend driver should go into DVB/driver/frontends.

Ralph