[linux-dvb] Re: Software decoder

> Additionally, I'll trade my tape-based VDR for a fully software-based
> one which'll have mpeg2 quality, not limited to 5 hours tapes (yes 10 is
> possible at the price of massive quality reduction), HD space is getting
> cheaper these days, same for CDR space...

Forgot to mention that my PC often boots **faster** than the damn thing !
I can watch sat. TV quicker with my PC than with the supplied dedicated
hardware !!! I wouldn't have bet a penny on that before trying, but...

Sometimes it even cannot be brought to sleep mode, I need to power it off
to be able to watch terestrial TV again. It's always a pain in the ass to
watch
TV with this shitty device.
--
Vince