[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge dvb-t status?

fruit wrote:
> Possibly. I've just tried the card in a K6-2 box - exactly the same
> results :-\
>
> Can't get any signal from Crystal Palace, so no joy there.

I got it working at last...

The first thing to remember is to modify the driver for the UK - it
probably should have a lookup table and a 'country' parameter, but I'll
leave that up the developers...

Line 2669 - 2675 of dvb.c

For the UK:

                 para.u.ofdm.bandWidth=BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ;
                 para.u.ofdm.HP_CodeRate=FEC_2_3;
                 para.u.ofdm.LP_CodeRate=FEC_1_2;
                 para.u.ofdm.Constellation=QAM_64;
                 para.u.ofdm.TransmissionMode=TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K;
                 para.u.ofdm.guardInterval=GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32;
                 para.u.ofdm.HierarchyInformation=HIERARCHY_NONE;

Now down to the bug.  I'm surprised it worked for anybody, actually, I
guess they got lucky.

Basically, the driver defines a FrontendParameters structure in dvb.c
line 2553 and doesn't initialise it properly.  It's then passed via a
FE_SET_FRONTEND call into apply_frontend_param which promptly rejects
it with EINVAL... the reason you can't tune is that the hardware hasn't
actually been initialised yet.

The fix is to change dvb.c line 2553 to:
         FrontendParameters para={0};

Which zeros it out (which seems to be OK for default values).

With this fix it works perfectly.

Tony

--
"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh@nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv