[linux-dvb] Re: module loading outside of src/driver dir: -solved, but...

Hi again,

--On Saturday, February 16, 2002 07:05:25 PM +0100 Peter Bieringer
<pb@bieringer.de> wrote:

> Running a "modprobe siemens_dvb" on root's home directory, all
> modules were loaded, but running tuxview didn't show a nice picture,
> also if tuxview window was moved, the picture is still on original
> location.
>
> Stopping tuxview, removing all modules, changing to the drivers
> directory (where the same modules live) and running a
> "modprobe siemens_dvb", all works fine afterwards using tuxview
>
> Can anyone explain this to me? I thought, it shouldindepended from a
> directory, where "modprobe" is used.

I solved this now by myself, but looking for a hint in INSTALL or
README shows me nothing.

Problem was, that the ARM files "Dpram" and "Boot" have to be located
in specific directories, either

"./arm_firm", "./" or "DVB_FIRM_PATH"

where DVB_FIRM_PATH is defined as "/lib/DVB"

After creating upper directory and copy both files into, the module

mho: a hint in INSTALL or FAQ regarding this issue would be great...

        Peter