[linux-dvb] Re: <200MHz frequencies

Hi,

I just want to verify that I also got the lower (<200MHz) frequencies to
work with TT-DVB-C PCI. I'm using the current CVS version and I changed the
SP5659C limit in tuner.c from 174000000 to 120000000.

I am still suffering from a lot of instability when tuning in (tuning
sometimes fails many times). I suppose it may be related to local bad signal
quality, unless there is something missing from the Linux driver. I think
Joachim König (or somebody on the list) had a theory that AFC might not be
used correctly?

Btw, the lowest frequency currently used on our network is 138 MHz, so I
lowered the limit of 140 MHz that Lauri and Ralph advised. However, I have
not been able to verify whether this works or not. I am not currently able
to tune into 138 MHz with either limit (120 or 140).

PS. Finnish people may be interested to visit a website I've set up at
http://dvb.swelcom.fi which contains information about the frequencies,
services and other parameters of some Finnish DVB networks. The cable
network info is in fact generated automatically from the DVB metadata
(NIT/SDT tables) with a little program using the TechnoTrend DVB-C card. I
hope to add more details and perhaps DVB-T autogeneration in the future.

--
Kenneth Falck      SWelcom Oy
R&D Manager        Ludviginkatu 6-8