[linux-dvb] Re: [vdr] Splitting the list instead of newsgroup

Hi,

Quoting Deti Fliegl (fliegl@cs.tum.edu):

> I think it does make sense to detach the user concerns from the
> development stuff. What about splitting the current list into:
>
> vdr-user:

> vdr-developer:

> RFC

I had a talk with our admins today. A news server is not in sight. They want
to have a private (subscriber only) mailing system and not a spamed news
server.

The administration is working on an offline version of the mailing list
archive right now.

I do not know if list spliting is a good idea or not. I guess a lot of
people would subscribe to both lists. But if Klaus is against it, we should
leave the things as they are, since he is the major contributor to the VDR
project.

Bye... Szymon.
--
Szymon Polom, Project Manager Middleware       GPG Key-ID: E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de