[linux-dvb] tuning problem

Hi,

I've put together a simple app to scan through freq ranges and show signal
strength and other flags (sync, carrier etc) for each mhz.
When I start it, for few minutes it's running fine, and then it lost the
control over the card, just shows zero signal. Even if i start VDR or other
dvb app, i got no channels tuned again, until hard reset :(

Any idea, about what am i doing wrong?

Multidec 8 and the technotrend windows programs could scan the whole range,
so the card/lnb etc should be ok. I just wanted to add such feature to VDR.

Maybe I should disable/enable some other flags somewhere to set up 'channel
scanning' mode?

Or it just drives LNB to some disallowd freq range ?
What's the relation between FrontendParameters.Frequency, and the LNB limits
(9750, 10600 and switch freq 11700) ?

For reference, the interesting part of my code:

        FrontendInfo info;
        FrontendParameters param;
        if((fd = open("/dev/ost/frontend",O_RDWR)) < 0){
                perror("FRONTEND DEVICE: ");
                return -1;
        }
        printf("selftest=%d\n",ioctl(fd,FE_SELFTEST));
        printf("get_info=%d\n",ioctl(fd,FE_GET_INFO,&info));
        printf("get_param=%d\n",ioctl(fd,FE_GET_FRONTEND,&param));
        for(freq=info.minFrequency;freq<info.maxFrequency;freq+=250){
            int x=0;
//              printf("FREQ=%d\n",freq);
                param.Frequency=freq*1000;
                ioctl(fd,FE_SET_FRONTEND,&param);
                usleep(500000);
                ioctl(fd,FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH,&sstr);x+=sstr;
                usleep(100000);
                ioctl(fd,FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH,&sstr);x+=sstr;
                usleep(100000);
                ioctl(fd,FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH,&sstr);x+=sstr;
                usleep(100000);
                ioctl(fd,FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH,&sstr);x+=sstr;
                usleep(100000);
                ioctl(fd,FE_READ_STATUS,&status);
                printf("FREQ=%10.3f MHz SS=%5d STATUS=0x%02X\n",
			(float)(freq*0.001f),sstr,status);
	}

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team