[linux-dvb] Re: DVB Newbie

It could perhaps be the frontend shutting down, but I run the pre3
release of the code and haven't had this problem (it looks like it gives
the dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 parameter as standard when you do a make
insmod),

The 1600x1200x24 is a red herring as that's what I run.

You could try it in two passes. First do a dvbstream to a file and see
how long that runs for. Then run mplayer on that file and see what
happens.

This very evening I recorded an hour's worth of TV with the command
dvbstream -n 3600 -f 754000 -o 2823 2824 > wg6.ts and I'm just about to
sit back and type: ts2ps 2824 2823 < wg6.ts | mplayer -autosync 30
-cache 8192 -ao alsa9 -vo dxr3 -.

I'd try this and see what happens. Or something similar with the right
frequencies and PIDs for what you want.

Jim.