[linux-dvb] Re: Howto setup a multicast network connection?

Hi,

To receive IP datagrams with your DVB card , go to the directory apps/dvbnet
in your DVB driver directory. Now change the file net_start.sh as follows

./dvbnet -p 100
./dvbnet -p 300

/sbin/ifconfig dvb0_0 192.168.238.238
/sbin/ifconfig dvb0_1 192.168.238.238
/sbin/ifconfig dvb0_0 hw ether 01:02:03:04:05:06
/sbin/ifconfig dvb0_1 hw ether 01:02:03:04:05:06

This way you receive the HRIT IP datagrams and the anouncement channels.
You can see the raw data with a network 'sniffer' like ethereal.

The problem for linux lies in the fact that there is no closed or open source
application  for processing those multicast IP datagrams. The multicast
protocol used in EUMETCAST transmissions is MTP/SO .

However the software from Tellique  (under windoze)  is working very well...
I hope that in future there will be open source projects for receiving the
EUMETCAST transmissions.

Regards,

hugo