[linux-dvb] Re: Howto setup a multicast network connection?

Il giorno Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:38:57 +0000 (GMT), in uno stato di totale
incoscienza, Holger Kiehl <Holger.Kiehl@dwd.de> casualmente disse:

> Hello
>
> I am new on this list and would like to know how to setup my DVB card
> (KNC-1 and Technisat Skystar2) to receive a multicast stream from
> HotBird6 (satellite data from Eumetsat).

You can simply:
1) load the drivers;
2) add an entry in your channels.conf filelike this:
   chan_name:freq:pol:0:sym_rate:::::
2) szap -n chan_name
3) dvbnet -p pid_in_decimal
4) configure your dvb interface with ifconfig (the "first" is dvb0_0).

Bye

PS: you can also use dvbtune or other sw.

--
aded