[linux-dvb] Re: Howto setup a multicast network connection?

Hi again,

On Friday 13 June 2003 19:30, you wrote:

> It is working better under windoze then under linux. But under both
> we loose segments and under linux the losses are much higher. This is
> why we want to test with different cards and different drivers to see
> if this makes any different. What we notice with the pentamedia card
> is that it has a high interrupt rate (approx. 500 ints/s). The other
> hardware (CPU and harddisk) does not have any influence on the amount
> of segments we loose. We tested this with some older hardware and
> some very new one (i865 with Pentium 4 2.4 GHz and HT).

My system consist of two PC's, one Pentium 3 - 450Mc and the other a Pentium 4
- 2.8 Mc. In the slow one I have two DVB cards , a Hauppauge Nexus-S and a
Hauppauge Nova card. The reception of EUMETCAST is done via the Nexus-S card.
As far as I can see I have absolutly no problem in receiving the HRIT files. I
use the DVBdata software from Hauppauge for setting the filters. With my
second computer (in Linux) I try to process the HRIT pictures. The free
software Sharity is used for mapping the hard disks from the slow PC ( in
windows ) to the Linux system.

> Yes, I hope so too. Since the high losses could also be caused by the
> closed source application. If we had the sources it would be easier to
> locate the problem.

Trying to reverse engineer the software looks very difficult ....

Kind regards,
hugo