[linux-dvb] Re: xawtv needs szap

Walter Schittek wrote:

It's not obvious for a beginner, that xawtv needs another program for tuning, because it has its own possibility to switch between channels.
But maybe the xawtv channels must be configured from scratch while szap takes the ready-to-use VDR channels.conf. Or is there another reason?
DVB tuner modules are a little more complicated than analog tuners, they need some more tuner parameters. The LinuxDVB API

Proposal: Could it make sense to add a little sentence to the INSTALL file of the DVB driver that recommends to use xawtv and szap together?
just propose the actual change, then we'll apply it.

Most of the DVB beginners will wish to confirm that their DVB card and driver are working together. My idea of only using xawtv for that aim was not the way of minimum effort that I thought it would be ...
(it is;)

Holger