[linux-dvb] Re: Hello

Brian Korsedal wrote:
>Take a PC, 5 DVB-budget cards (-S, -C or -T), a 1000BaseT-NIC and you
>will be less than 1500 $/Euro - streaming five complete transponders or
>UHF/VHF-channels into network (which means about 75 TV channels at the
>same time).

can the DVB-S and DVB-C recieve terrestrial signals? I just wanted to clarify here, Can a DVB-S card recieve a signal in DVB-T format that happens to be broadcast at 2 Ghz (within the cards range). Is there any difference between the DVB-T and DVB-S formats?
No. DVB-S uses simple QPSK modulation, DVB-C uses different kinds of QAM and DVB-T is using a more complicated OFDM scheme in order to wipe out reflection and interference effects of multiple transmitters on the same frequency.

I'm trying to decide between the Hauppage Win Nova PCI satalite or Nebula digitv cards.
I suppose you want to evaluate both.

We need higher frequencies and if the Win Nova can recieve DVB-T in the 2 Ghz range, that would be great.
no, it can't. You would have to replace the Tuner/Synthesizer/ Downconverter module. What you want to do -- do you have your own DVB-T transmitter on 2GHz??

Holger