[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DEC 2000-t and Linux

> I heard on another forum that someone over at linuxtv.org has got the above
> DVB-T box working with linux and has also been able to get mpeg-2
> recordings to playback via the box's scart socket.

I haven't heard of anyone achieving playback from linux to the set top box
yet.  I'm not particularly with it at the best of times though.

> I was wondering if anyone has any info on this? Does anyone know of any
> drivers, software etc for this box? Could it would with VDR for example? Or
> stream MPEG-2 to a dxr2 for a TV output?

You'll find some drivers that allow streaming video and audio mpeg from the
set top box to linux in cvs in the dvb-kernel module.  Look for ttusb-dec.
They do nothing else mind, so you won't get any of the private streams with
epg data and such in.  You could certainly use it to stream mpeg2 to a dxr2
though.

> Also if anyone does know about outputting mpeg-2 via the scart did this
> require a firmware upgrade to the box?

The box (without firmware upgrade) seems to have been configured with
outputting from pc to the set top box in mind - it has a usb mode that is all
bandwidth going to the set top box.  I've been too lazy to check if the
windows software supports it, but since the 2.15a software seems not to crash
my windows test rig all the time like version 1.48 did, I might actually get
around to having a look.

Cheers,
Alex