[linux-dvb] Re: Set up a network interface

André Stein escribió:
Hi,

# dvbtune -c 0 -f 650000000 -tm 8 -qam 16 -cr 2_3 -gi 8 -bw 8 -n 16978
Using DVB card "TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC-2000-t Frontend"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 650000000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Bit error rate: 0
Signal strength: 255
SNR: 0
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Successfully opened network device, please configure the dvb interface

Try to add -i behind your dvbtune command and check whether the program outputs a list of available services. The signal strength seems to be very low so are you sure that this is the right frequence? If you use dvbtune, you don't have to use tzap as dvbtune tunes the card and opens the net device too.
Rather than low, it seems too "binary" for me. 255 is hex 0xff, and this value doesn't change even if I unplug the antenna from the dec, or if I move it around.

The frequency I have in my local specs says 650 MHz.

Anyways, here is the XML that is appended after the dvbtune output:

<transponder type="T" freq="650000000">
Nothing to read from fd_pat
Nothing to read from fd_sdt
</transponder>