[linux-dvb] Re: MAC adress

Hi,

I'm using the following dvbtune command:

[root@localhost dvbnet]# dvbtune -c 0 -f 12545000 -p H -s 22000 -n 0x511 -cr 5_6

Using DVB card "Alps BSRV2"
tuning DVB-S to L-Band:1073884072, Pol:H Srate=22000000, 22kHz=off
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Bit error rate: 0
Signal strength: 43176
SNR: 53456
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC

What I wonder is why I get such slow connection. Is Filiago that slow or is it from my side ?

Mozilla shows me a speed of 20 kB/s, iptraf 58kbit/s, the proxy 48kB/s. There do the differences come from ? Are the values returned by dvbtune Ok ? Possible speed to get is 120 kB/s according to http://www.filiago.de
The dvbtune output seems to be very fine. The signal strength is very good too. The differences between the connection speeds can simply be explained with inexact calculations. Especially Mozilla does never show the real connection speed. In your case, iptraf seems to be most precise.

I rarely get full download speed when surfing in the internet with satellite. First the server you are downloading from might not have full bandwidth for every user and secondly, there might be many people accessing the satellite service at the same time.

Regards,
-André.

--
http://www.steinsoft.net