[linux-dvb] Re: MAC adress

Am Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2003 12:49 schrieben Sie:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'am using the DVB driver from yesterday and have since then no crashes
> > anymore. With 19.06.2003 they are reproducable.
> >
> > I wonder now If dvbnet is using the right MAC adress. I have used the
> > net_start.sh script as it is and dvb0_0 has a MAC adress set.
> > (00:D0:5C:5B:A5:E1)
>
> what is your 'real' MAC adress, which one is used by windows and which
> one is printed on the card label?
>
> Please report the kernel logs regarding MAC parsing.

I haven't found anything on the board that I could identify as MAC adress and
I don't have any windows here, I suspect that it will work with an old win95
which I have here ;)

This one is in my dmesg after dvb0_0 startup:

dvb0_0: filter mac=00 d0 5c 5b a5 e1
dvb0_0: filter mask=ff ff ff ff ff ff
dvb_net_feed_start: set multi_secfilter[0]
dvb0_0: filter mac=01 00 5e 04 00 01
dvb0_0: filter mask=ff ff ff ff ff ff
dvb_net_feed_start: set multi_secfilter[1]
dvb0_0: filter mac=01 00 5e 03 00 01
dvb0_0: filter mask=ff ff ff ff ff ff
dvb_net_feed_start: set multi_secfilter[2]
dvb0_0: filter mac=01 00 5e 02 00 01
dvb0_0: filter mask=ff ff ff ff ff ff
dvb_net_feed_start: set multi_secfilter[3]
dvb0_0: filter mac=01 00 5e 01 00 01
dvb0_0: filter mask=ff ff ff ff ff ff
dvb_net_feed_start: set multi_secfilter[4]
dvb0_0: filter mac=01 00 5e 00 00 01
dvb0_0: filter mask=ff ff ff ff ff ff
dvb_net_feed_start: start filtering

> > I'm using the following dvbtune command:
> >
> > [root@localhost dvbnet]# dvbtune -c 0 -f 12545000 -p H -s 22000 -n 0x511
> > -cr 5_6
> >
> > Using DVB card "Alps BSRV2"
> > tuning DVB-S to L-Band:1073884072, Pol:H Srate=22000000, 22kHz=off
> > polling....
> > Getting frontend event
> > FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
> > FE_HAS_SYNC Bit error rate: 0
> > Signal strength: 43176
> > SNR: 53456
> > FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
> > FE_HAS_SYNC
> >
> > What I wonder is why I get such slow connection. Is Filiago that slow or
> > is it from my side ?
>
> no idea, I never used it. If somebody has comparable numbers (e.g. from
> other providers or using the windows client) please report.
>
> Holger

With tcpdump and iptraf I got values from 1900 - 3200 kB/s So I guess it is a
limitation on the filiago side.

Thanks

Steffen