[linux-dvb] Re: problems with budget dvb-s card (SAA7146A)

Joern Heissler wrote:
On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:33:53AM +0200, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Joern Heissler wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to build a digital video recorder with vdr, but I have
problems getting my dvb-s card working.

you can find the output of the `scan' program at
http://wulf.eu.org/scan.out, it's too much to paste here.

vdr seems not to receive any data at all from my card. Unfortunately
the card has no video out.

I've already put another device (external settop box) to the sat cable
and this works, so I think that it's a driver issue.
VDR requires at least one fullfeatured card with av7110 onboard in order to display it's onscreen menu.

I have no idea what's the state of the software-decoder and OSD support for VDR is, please ask on the VDR mailing list for details.

Holger

the OSD is displayed in the terminal when I compile vdr with DEBUG_OSD=1
I successfully used a similar card with vdr about one year ago, but the
new card seems to have a new chip revision, dunno.

Since `scan' is not able to tune, I think that the drivers I tried do
not support my card or I've made some mistake installing them :)
You reported this kernel log:

DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI).
stv0299.c: setup for tuner SU1278/SH

Is your tuner module really a SU1278SH? Last weeks several people reported problems regarding this tuner, but since nobody of the driver developers is owning a KNC1 or one of the new Technotrend cards we can't fix it without your help...

Holger