[linux-dvb] Re: problems with budget dvb-s card (SAA7146A)

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 03:49:27PM +0200, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Joern Heissler wrote:

> >>VDR requires at least one fullfeatured card with av7110 onboard in order
> >>to display it's onscreen menu.
> >>
> >>I have no idea what's the state of the software-decoder and OSD support
> >>for VDR is, please ask on the VDR mailing list for details.
> >>
> >>Holger
> >

> >the OSD is displayed in the terminal when I compile vdr with DEBUG_OSD=1
> >I successfully used a similar card with vdr about one year ago, but the
> >new card seems to have a new chip revision, dunno.
> >
> >Since `scan' is not able to tune, I think that the drivers I tried do
> >not support my card or I've made some mistake installing them :)
>
> You reported this kernel log:
>
> DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI).
> stv0299.c: setup for tuner SU1278/SH
>
> Is your tuner module really a SU1278SH? Last weeks several people
> reported problems regarding this tuner, but since nobody of the driver
> developers is owning a KNC1 or one of the new Technotrend cards we can't
> fix it without your help...
>
> Holger

there are at least two interesting components on this pci card.
one black chip with alot of pins:
"PHILIPS \ SAA 7146A H \ CG0532.00 \ kt0222V3"
and a metal box with some other stuff inside and the connecter for the
sat cable. There's also some text:
"PHILIPS \ SU1278/SH \ 3112 297 12871 \ 214 HJ11 GA00136"
it's probably the tuner, isn't it?!
When I find some camera I'll send a picture :-)

How can I help? Do you need any more information?

Joern