[linux-dvb] Re: Network: a new hope

> > not bugged, it's even worse: it has too small FIFO compared to other
> > conccurrent PCI devices
> > That, too, but if that was the issue I am seeing, it would occur _anywhere_
> during the DMA transfer. But the fact that I regularly only get missing
> Dwords at the _end_ of a transfer means that the SAA7146A tends to stop
> transferring too early, and that is not a question of FIFO length...
Right, I also thinks there must be regularity in network corruption rather
than simple randomness, otherwise I would see different effects. What
bothers me even more is how PID-TO-TS bandwidth can influence the
corruption rate (in case it's DMA based but I yet have to investigate it)
> Out of curiousity: Does anyone here know a better suited PCI bridge chip?
> Maybe one that is dedicated to MPEG2TS-to-PCI DMA and has none of that
> obsolete analog video stuff in it?
There are cards with SAA7130. It still has the analog video stuff but
the input used for TS is actually designed for TS input.
Does it have large FIFO and other advantages that are missing in 7146
for good TS input?