[linux-dvb] Re: scantv hangs

Hello Michael,

Now I try to activate the analoge module. It works, but only partially. There is
even sound. I cannot switch between analoge channels. scantv hangs after it has discovered 2 or so channels. While santv is discovering channels, I can see them with xawtv. Interupting scantv will keep that channel switching to dvb (vdr is running) works. Letting scantv to continue results scantv hangs.
"scantv" won't work because vbi support is not fully working under all conditions. Simply select your desired frequency table in "xawtv" and scan through usable programs and build up a channel list manually.

Running the analog module with "xawtv" and "vdr" in parallel simply does not work, because access to the tuner is not exclusive, ie. tuning in "xawtv" and "vdr" will kill each others settings. Of course this is a bug and should be fixed.

There is no usable scenario where you would want to run both programs in parallel anyway IMHO.

Thanks for any help.
Michael
CU
Michael.