[linux-dvb] Re: timing in dvb-kernel

Hello Oliver,

Basically I suggested to add a function to make 'short_delay'
configurable, because dvb-kernel did not tune as fast as DVB.
Ok.

> The problem is that the saa7146 driver is used by different types of
> cards. IMHO we need a way to select whether short_delay should be used
> in the saa7146 driver or not.

"struct saa7146_extension" in "include/media/saa7146.h" already has a flag SAA7146_USE_I2C_IRQ for i2c driven i2c for analog tv cards.

You could simply add a SAA7146_I2C_SHORT_DELAY flag here and check for it saa7146_i2c_writeout() like this:

That's fine. If you don't mind I'll add this.
Please go ahead and add it to the CVS. 8-)

Oliver
CU
Michael.