[linux-dvb] Re: first version of budget-ci implementation

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 00:31, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
>
> > > dvb_ca_en50221_link_init
> > > dvb_ca_en50221_wait_if_status
> > > STATUS: 43
> >
> > Er, weird! That status is printed just after the comms interface is
>
> reset.
>
> Umm - what's wrong with that status? EN50221 only says that the module sets
> the FR bit (bit 6), it doesn't say anything about the module being required
> to clear any other bits...

Just seems a bit odd. Plus, DA is NOT set in the second one.

> The issue with the ZetaCAM was that the status read 0x00 and no bit would
> ever be set - that's definitely not according to EN50221.
>
> But: I could bring the ZetaCAM "back to life" by CLEARING the RS bit. The
> status would then at least go to 0x40, although the CAM still behaved
> erroneously when trying to negotiate the buffer sizes.
>
> Maybe you should try that first: After your wait_if_status fails, try
> CLEARING the RS bit (write 0x00 to command/status) and see what happens to
> the status then.

Yeah, thats a good idea.

> Alternatively, try just checking bit 6 and ignoring all the other bits in
> your wait_if_status.

Thats exactly what it does do. The extra printout was just for debugging; the
problem is it never sets DA after I set SR. In fact, it looks as if setting
bits on the control interface has no effect on the status register.