[linux-dvb] HotPlug and SAA1746

Hi Guys,

Sorry for asking a stupid question, But:
when I run make xconfig on kernel 2.6.5:
Under OPTION:
multimedia Devices
Digital Video Broadcasting Devices
..
Frontends with External TDA10045H, TDA10048H demodulators
.. IT SAYS the firmware should be downloaded to /etc/dvb/tda1004x.bin

BUT Under the Explanation text it says it should be downloaded to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin

I understand that it should be usr/lib/hotplug, But is there any way of seeing inside the module code to see which one it is really using ? - I am just thinking that if it is using /etc/dvb - This may be why it isn't working for me.

I have tried to follow all the steps like downloading dvb-kernel from CVS and doing the makelinks script etc..I am just a little confused as to where to look now.

Does anyone know how to check the hotplug interface to know if it is working, is there something under /sys ?
I believe I can manually add the path during a modprobe - is this true for THIS module ?

I think I saw the same thing in xconfig in kernel 2.6.3 and 2.6.4 as well?

...Again, I am sorry for asking, I am new to all of this and there is a steep learning curve for people like me :)...
I am trying to get a hauppauge Nova-t PCI card working - Everything I do, ends with Scan or DVBScan not being able to lock onto any frequencies - If any one has any advice, IT would be REALLY welcome.
I am not even sure which modules to load now, I think I have tried them all.
I am trying to scan the frequency 722000000 in the UK (EmleyMoor) - I have several others like 626000000
Does this look like the correct frequency to scan or should it be more like 722166666 - I can not scan anything yet, so I really need to check that I know what to scan for when I get it working.
Any advise would be really welcome.
Many thanks
Dave Pick.