[linux-dvb] Re: KaxTV : feedback needed

Hi,

Here, i get about 55-70 signal and 65-85 snr. Could you test with dvbstream ?
Hmm, must search for it, but no promise. Doesn't seem liek a big issue, anyway.

Well, i don't know what exactly you mean by slow. Here scanning hotbird takes about 3min20'' for 41 transponders (giving 470 tv and 260 ra).
I haven't meassured time, but I think it took about 10 minutes to scan astra 19°. MyTheatre manages that in about half (or even less) the time...

After scanning it didn't seem to work.

Don't understand why :(
could you retry with different combinations ? ( you may want to backup your ~/kaxtv/channels.kax first )
Yup, will try later. Right now having a headache...

problem you hinted at. BUT I tried to switch a channel while watching
time shifted channel and then it hang. Without using timeshifting this
didn't happen.

Does it happen every time ? it works here. What if you press the stop button before switching ?
I'll try that again, later...

- different colouring/icons (probably I just haven't seen them because I
didn't do make install, so my fault :-) for encrypted/fta channels,
tv/radio services and method of adding channels as such.

You should really install ! :) or at list copy icons (found in
Yes, I finally haxored an ebuild for my gentoo Linux system, which I attached, if anybody else want to try this. Now I see icons, esp the green one. :-)

I have no ac3 channel, so can't test. xine does play ac3 (dvd), but i don't know from a pipe. If you have a channel with ac3, it should be detected by scanning and then you can try to switch audio by selecting it in the audio combobox.
Well, as I said in my other mail, unfortunately it kept quiet.

thanx a lot :)
Just some minor testing. I really like you working on this. As I said I will test later (which means the coming days). I should work on my diploma again. ;-)

bye,

Prakash