[linux-dvb] Re: dvbrc and vls and dvblib-0.5.4

Le jeudi 15 Avril 2004 23:59, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am sooo sorry to trouble you again, but:
>
> I can now tune into channels using my hauppauge wintv nova-t PCI card
> using DVB-APPS/TSAP and DVBSCAN etc - THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP ALREADY !!!
> But the final step involves using VLS to stream to the other PC's and I
> am stuck again..
> VLS uses a file called dvbrc, located in the home directory (in my case
> /root/.dvbrc)
> Can anyone provide a dvbrc file for emley moor -- or any other Freeview
> transponder in the uk - I am using libdvb-0.5.4 and I think the format
> has changed ?????? or even a channels.conf for xine (0.9.23) would help???

For generate my ~/.dvbrc file, I first wrote a ~/.dvbrc-transponders file,
where I put my transponders configuration :
LNB ID 1 TYPE 3
  SAT ID 1 NAME "DVBT-TDF-CCETT" LNBID 1 FMIN 650000000 FMAX 794000000
    TRANSPONDER ID 1 SATID 1 TYPE 3 FREQ 706000000 BANDWIDTH 0 GUARD_INTERVAL
0 HIERARCHY 0 HP_RATE 2 LP_RATE 1 MODULATION 3 TRANSCRIPTION_MODE 3
    TRANSPONDER ID 2 SATID 1 TYPE 3 FREQ 794000000 ...
I found values reading my ~/.tzap/channels.conf file and I converted them
according to /usr/src/linux/include/linux/dvb/frontend.h structures (0 stands
for the first element of each enum, 1 for the second, ...). I don't know if
there is a more simple way to do it.
Then I used the "satscan" application from libdvb package to generate the
channels configuration :
satscan -ni ~/.dvbrc-transponders > ~/.dvbrc

> Although I can tune in (FE_HAS_LOCK) I can not actually view anything
> yet... i am using Mandrake 10 for this test. So far I can not get xine,
> mplayer xawtv nor VLS / VLC to play anything... I am still working hard
> on these, I suspect it is Mandrake 10 which  is the underlying problem,
> so  i am trying to reinstall these apps from cvs etc.
> again it is an uphill struggle, hence this email :)
> Please if anyone has any advice, hints, tips or tricks it would be
> REALLY welcome now.

I'm using a Mandrake too (kernel 2.6.3-7mdk), and it works very well.

You can use dvr device with
"tzap -r channel"
and "xine stdin://mpeg2 < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0"
or "mplayer - < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0"
(mandrake/plf original versions of xine and mplayer).

Or video4linux device with
"tzap channel"
and "XawTV -remote -c /dev/v4l/video0" (I don't know how to activate sound).

xine also suports DVB directly : "xine dvb://"

For VLS, see http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/streaming/200312/msg00025.html
I hope I will manage to get it work next week ;)

> PS.. I work for a local council who are interested in using linux, but
> have not made any decisions to actually use it yet and I am really keen
> on taking the lead role and demonstrating a working system to them, they
> know they want eg a local news feed to PR etc. I have already got a
> linux firewall in, but nobody knows about this yet :) but this system
> would really impress them .. if I can get it to work. :)

Good luck ;-)

Olivier Lourdais