[linux-dvb] Re: SAGEM TELSAT TURBO PCI

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:08:29 +0200
"fratmandu\@iol\.it" <fratmandu@iol.it> wrote:

> Sono entrato in possesso di questa scheda satellite, la SAGEM TELSAT TURBO PCI.

Ehm, this is an international list and you should write in English only.
I'll reply nonetheless.

[translated summary of Italian text]:
driver available for W95/W98/WNT only. No TV watching app for Win.
Maybe there are Linux drivers somewhere.
[]

> Il supporto della SHOWNET ( support@show-net.net ) mi ha risposto che con questa scheda non posso ricevere la tv via satellite, ma ... con la parata di CHIP che ha

[]:
Shownet say no TV watching is possible. But with all these chips...
[]

> - un chip VLSI VES5435X - Satellite FEC Comatlas
> - un chip VLSI VY27065- Satellite DVB
> - un chip DiviCom DMX-2100 MPEG-2 Demux
> - un chip AMCC S5933QB - PCI MatchMaker
> - un chip ALTERA FLEX serie 8000 - Programmable Logic Device
> - un chip Motorola MC68302FC16C
> - un chip MX502 55640071/1
> oltre al modulatore, lo slot per la CAM
>
> dovrei poter vedere la tv anche a pc spento!!!

[]:
...I should be able to watch TV without turning the PC on!
[]

I don't know this card, but it looks like an entire DVB receiver
(MC68302FC16C is a 16MHz CPU) put on a PCI bus in the prehistory
of DVB broadcasts (press release in 1998).

I think this is not supported under Linux and nobody will ever bother
writing a driver for it.
No idea about apps for Windows, sorry.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it