[linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci CI interface testing

	Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci CI interface testing
	Date: mar, apr 20, 2004 at 02:20:10 +0100

Quoting Andrew de Quincey (adq_dvb@lidskialf.net):

> Actually wait a moment... In your code, did you issue CA_RESET then
> immediately try to read/write data? If so, that's not going to work;
> resetting the CAM can take up to 5 seconds, and CA_RESET doesn't wait.. Iin
> my userspace code I had to add a loop checking CA_GET_SLOT_INFO until it
> returned CA_CI_MODULE_READY.

Oho. My method was more barbaric. Good, I implemented your
suggestion. For my CAM, reset time is 2.6 secs.

Actually, what I did in the old code was to immediately send the
message to the CAM, and wait indefinitely for an answer. So, it may
well be that I was waiting the same 2.6 seconds with the Nexus. The
difference is that the budget driver seems to discard bytes sent to it
if they are sent before the module is ready, while the nexus driver
made sure they reached the card in due time.

Anyway, my code now looks much nicer. Thanks.

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido@fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe