[linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci CI interface testing

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 14:00, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 April 2004 13:46, Carlo E. Prelz wrote:
> > 	Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci CI interface testing
> > 	Date: lun, apr 19, 2004 at 11:57:53 +0200
> >
> > Quoting Bernhard Schrenk (tv@clemy.org):
> > > I have continued my tests and the CI on my Nova card is now working
> > > with the latest CVS version driver, the CAM is decoding the channel and
> > > I can show it with mplayer. There are some problems to solve, but its
> > > mainly working. Thank you Andrew for your good work.
> >
> > I am very happy to add my thanks to those of Bernhard! Here, the
> > current CVS driver works perfectly with my Aston CAM and the code I
> > wrote. The only change I had to do in my software was to add some
> > delay after CA_RESET, before I could start talking to the CAM.
>
> Great!
>
> How much of a delay did you need? This sounds like yet another workaround I
> should add to the driver. Sheesh!

Actually wait a moment... In your code, did you issue CA_RESET then
immediately try to read/write data? If so, that's not going to work;
resetting the CAM can take up to 5 seconds, and CA_RESET doesn't wait.. Iin
my userspace code I had to add a loop checking CA_GET_SLOT_INFO until it
returned CA_CI_MODULE_READY.