[linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci CI interface testing

	Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci CI interface testing
	Date: mar, apr 20, 2004 at 02:00:01 +0100

Quoting Andrew de Quincey (adq_dvb@lidskialf.net):

> How much of a delay did you need? This sounds like yet another workaround I
> should add to the driver. Sheesh!

I have no technical docs about talking to the CAM, and I had to
extrapolate from the existing library (that I could not use, being in
C++) at the cost of much sweat and many tears some simplified subset
of the dialogue, that I implemented in my code. This is to say that
what I did may have been (and still be) wrong.

Having said that, in the software that worked with the Nexus I sent to
the CI a TPDU block to create a TC (these acronyms meant little to me
when I wrote the code, a few months ago, and they now are almost
completely opaque - but I am confident that you understand better than
me what I am talking about) right after calling the CA_RESET
ioctl. Now I have inserted a loop after the ioctl that:

1) waits half a second
2) sends the CREATE_TC
3) checks if there are characters waiting from the device. If so,
leaves the loop.

In the first test, with some debugging outputs on, I could see that
the loop had to repeat itself 5 times - that is, I had to wait around
2 1/2 seconds before the card answered.

Apart from this little change, I had no other modification to do.

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido@fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe