[linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci CI interface testing

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 14:42, Jesper Sörensen wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> >>You're absolutely right; I just beeped that bit out again, and the CI
> >>interface is dumber than I thought. You have to manually switch the
> >> SAA7146 input ports when a CAM is removed. I'll work on that tomorrow.
> >
> >This is now fixed in CVS.
>
> Great!!! Now I'm getting the TS data from the card; that didn't work
> with the CI code before. So far I've only been able to test it without
> the CAM, but I hope to test the CAM later tonight...

Thats good to hear!

Hmm, if you find you don't get any data with the CAM inserted, perhaps that
CAM is slightly nonstandard... because as you can see from the list, other
people are getting data with CAMs inserted.

CAMs are meant to pass the transport stream straight through from the start,
but perhaps that one does not do this until you tell it to actually decrypt
something... anyway, let me know how it goes.. If I have the time later, I'll
have a play with that CAM myself..