[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel CVS branched for Linux 2.4

Hello Jeremy,

please remember:

1. DVB (aka the dvb core) does not equal dvb-ttpci (aka saa7146/av7110 driver). "DVB" nearly always means dvb-ttpci, but "dvb-kernel" has much more drivers (Skystar2, Twinhan, USB thingies) that never went into "DVB".

2. The DVB API version 3 won't be changed, ie. the backward compatibility from a userspace point of view is guaranteed

3. "dvb-kernel" is relatively stable, and you have a working 2.4 branch of it that will continue to live.

4. Manpower is a scarce resource.