[linux-dvb] Channel change delay

Hi,

I asked this on the VDR mailing list and was redirected here.

Is there any way to reduce the massive channel change delays? I am running 2 DVB-T budget cards and one Full Featured DVB-S card for output and channel change times are quite disconcerting.

Every time my parents change the channel they have to ask what's wrong as the screen stays black for 4 or 5 seconds (last night it even took 7 seconds a few times). Does it really take that long to change frequency, lock onto the signal and buffer enough of the stream to begin displaying?

Regards,
Michal

P.S. If there is any relevant information that's needed to diagnose this problem I'll be happy to provide it.